|Portions | 2|
|Preparation | 30 minutes|
- 1 Whole wheat pita bread
- 125 ml (½ cup) Primavera sauce
- 125 ml (½ cup) Grated carrots
- 30 g (1 oz.) Grated low fat cheese
- 30 g (1 oz.) Grated low fat Swiss cheese
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Black olives cut into slices
- Fresh basil to taste
- Place pita bread on a cookie sheet;
- Spread sauce and add carrots;
- Top with cheese and olives;
- Cook in the over on broil until cheese is melted;
- At serving time, top with fresh chopped basil.
Variation: Use eggplant cut into thin slices instead of carrots, chose different types of cheese for a different experience! Ricotta, goat cheese or brie would be delicious on this home style pizza!